Friday, March 15, 2013

We’re famous…send all fan mail to the looney bin of SE Iowa


After the unbelievable beginning to this new children/parent relationship, it baffles my mind that we agreed to the following: “A local tv station wants to interview you about your story. Everyone knows about ChaCha’s condition, and they want to do an interview with you! Will you do it?”

Sure…why not?!?  Haha…oh my.

Turns out, it was a newspaper…probably best…ended up being a photographer instead of a videographer that would’ve captured the insanity of the interview. Was actually comical to some degree…again, mostly from my perspective. We agreed to meet in our hotel lobby...which turned out to be both a blessing and a curse…J Zoe sat ever so sweetly on my lap the entire time…even fell asleep. Zane on the other hand was in constant yelling and full speed motion mode the entire time…with “Ba Ba” (Daddy) chasing him, entertaining him, and even wrestling him to the ground when necessary. I shall use the word “often”…that covers it. Let’s just say that I answered 99% of the questions in that interview.

The reporter asked very good questions about our current family dynamic, the reasons why we wanted to adopt the kids, what will it look like once we get home, and the surgeries that await our children.  While I was careful to not say anything that would be censored, I pray the things I did say will draw the “millions” (HAHA) of readers to the One who’s completed the biggest adoption in history.  People continue to be shocked that we would set out on this journey knowing the needs of these children.  Even our guide, who we had an incredible time with in Zheng Zhou…even sharing privately why we do what we do (she said we were the first pastor/wife she’d ever had come to adopt…sad) said she didn’t think the orphanage should accept the same amount for Zoe as they do for other children…given her condition.  I interpreted that to mean, she wasn’t likely to have a normal life, if any life at all.  Pretty heavy comment.

Regardless, they were very respectful and kind and seemed to think our kids had found a good home.  Apparently we had our game faces on.  I’ve asked for a copy to be sent via email once it goes to print so I’ll be happy to share that with you when the time comes.  I know…pins and needles.
For now, any of you whom Chris has ever given a hard time to…in any capacity…just know that he “got his”, and all scores have now been forever and always declared settled.  Please apply this to all future scenarios as well…trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another One Bites the Dust. Tonsils. It's Just Tonsils...For Now

  Welcome back to The Carr Ride. I mentioned the "bumpy roads" when you jumped in so I'm sure none of this will surprise you.....