Sunday, March 17, 2013

More things I've learned since I've been in China

+Plus signs get the shaft.

+The Surgeon General is not on any Chinese speed dial.

+Chinese people look great...even at breakfast...Americans couldn't care less.

+Denim factories should close down in China. What's the population of China? I've seen all of 3 women in jeans...so subtract that, carry the 1...yea...just close down. Now leggings, however...buy stock in leggings, open a leggings store, sell leggings on a street corner...you're golden.

+Still hate chopsticks.

+My Chinese children are really diggin' forks.

+Younger Chinese people put their phone on speaker, then yell into it while holding it in front of their face...while walking down the street. The mystery behind this may plague my thoughts for years to come.

+They still stare. Younger Chinese people smile at the kids...and even us...sometimes.

+Zane has given us too much power over him by being terrified of baths...TERRIFIED.

+My favorite purchase of all-time may be shirts for Zane and Zoe that simply state, "Made in China."

+Day 8 of any adoption itinerary should include, "Mom gets pedicure...for everyone's safety." 

+I'm shallow enough that a pedicure changes my mood.

+The craziest kids of all times probably give the most joy. Trust me...you won't be able to keep from smiling when you meet this kid. Hang onto to your valuables for sure...but then just hang with him.

+When daughters finally loosen the vice grip on Momma and go to Daddy, his smile will light up the room.

2 comments:

Another One Bites the Dust. Tonsils. It's Just Tonsils...For Now

  Welcome back to The Carr Ride. I mentioned the "bumpy roads" when you jumped in so I'm sure none of this will surprise you.....