Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The night I first heard my sweet angel's voice

I thought I'd take the opportunity to tell you about a special time we had with our babies a couple weeks ago...before the news of our long-awaited trip overshadows these precious moments.  As you know, we've had the incredible privilege of talking to our kiddos via Skype.  I cannot even put into words what an enormous blessing this has been to our family.  We have not taken that for granted. This 3rd visit was extra special because our new friend, Rebekah, was back visiting our babies at Swallow's Nest...so we were able to spend some time with her as well!

Rebekah shared with us that Zoe wanted to make sure her hair looked pretty for momma so she fixed it for her...gulp...I had to take a minute here.


I'm not sure if she just felt really comfortable with her big girlfriend there :) ...or if she truly has warmed up to her new family...but out of nowhere, we heard her tiny, sweet voice say, "Hi mommy...I love you!" I melted. Oh my goodness...seriously. How are you not losing it?!? 


Not to be outdone, Zane was being his goofy self, rarely sitting still for more than 60 seconds. Honestly, you just can't help but smile when you're watching this little dude. He is stinkin hilarious.    At one point, we noticed he was sticking his tongue out...so being the more mature one on our end, I did the same.  You can imagine the joy that gave him! :) Next thing you know, Zoe's "politely" sticking hers out! So cute...until you get home...then no more tongue sticking out. Just saying....


We loved having Rebekah there interpreting for us and began to wonder just how this whole communicating thing was gonna go down once we are face-to-face. BUT...let's just stick with our cute little "interview." 


We asked if they've been using their new names...apparently we chose the one letter the Chinese struggle to say..."Z". Super.


We found out that our mutual friend taught the Z's their abc's and counting 1-10 last year...I'd say that's a pretty good start!


We found out...under no uncertain terms...that Zane is not going to miss lunch...no matter what...another reason why he'll fit in just fine around this house. He didn't want to leave our conversation...but the food was too enticing.  I feel ya, buddy.


We also found out that Zane has a feisty nature too...if he finds himself in an altercation with another little person, he's been known to respond with a smart aleck, "well...I have a mom and dad!" Oh my. Listen little buddy...you can get away with that in China...it's against the law in the United States.


When Zoe saw Peyton in the background, she said, "Hi, big sister!" Peyton hasn't stopped telling people about that moment. :)


Overall, it was just another sweet memory that we made with our beautiful kiddos...in which they kept asking, "When are you coming?"


We're trying...sweet ones. 


Soon...very soon.



2 comments:

  1. It will be such an indescribibly joyous moment when you get to see them face to face and hold them in your arms! Praying for safe journeys! Can't wait to see the new family photos when you return!

    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have a mom and dad" oh my goodness. that just takes my breath away. He is finding his whole self-worth in that fact... something most children take for granted. Praise His HOLY Name that the Z's have a whole amazing family to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete

Another One Bites the Dust. Tonsils. It's Just Tonsils...For Now

  Welcome back to The Carr Ride. I mentioned the "bumpy roads" when you jumped in so I'm sure none of this will surprise you.....