Monday, March 18, 2013

Bags your bags, momma...we're taking these babies home!

Today's post will probably lack all that sparkling wit and impeccably-timed one-liners that you've come to know and expect. (No? "Impeccably" pushed it over the edge, right? Wait...are you saying all you read this for is material to mock me with??? Yea...that's why I write it anyway...so mock to your heart's content.) Back to my point...no wit...no humor...that's because this weary momma was up at 4:30 am losing my feast of a dinner. Bummer. And then, as history would usually show, I continued to feel like more was to come...so I ended up laying on the bathroom floor with a towel pillow...moaning. Of course, if that's not bad enough, I'd barely slept up till that point too because Zoe seems to have bad dreams or just can't settle herself if she wakes at all.  I turned in at 1:00 am...slept in between getting up with her 5-6 times...then the fun began at 4:30. 

To gauge this tragedy in relatable terms...I was only able to eat 2 bites of toast this morning at the heavenly buffet...and haven't eaten anything since. Now you know. Then I even laid down for another couple hours when we got back to the room. Ick.

By the way...for you folks playing at home...my mom must totally not read this blog, or she's blatantly ignoring me!!! HAHA! She HATES when dinner conversation turns to puke stories...hates it. With 4 older brothers...not to mention all the visiting pr*achers we always had around...it happened frequently. SO...now I know...my own mother has dissed me. That's cold.

However, the show must go on...and I'm so glad it does, aren't you? We are all packed and ready to rock...as soon as the kiddos wake up from their naps, we begin the first leg of our journey home. Praise the L*rd. No really...praise Him.

Incidentally...I'm realizing I use that word a lot...Chris just got back from another failed shopping adventure. How does that girl stay in business?!?! No shirt for you! (Seinfeld, people...keep up.)

We take a train to Hong Kong this afternoon around 4:30...a 2 hr journey...then spend the night at an airport hotel.

Our flight for home leaves Wednesday morning at 11:30...we arrive in Chicago at 12:30 local time...1:30 am China time...a 14 hour flight. Basically, we lose an entire day with the 13 hour time difference.

Then we jump in our waiting vehicle and make the 4 hour journey to our home and our family. Keep in mind...that will be 5:30 am for our clocks. Talk about jet lag.

Anyway, just thought you'd like the countdown...please be pr*ying for us throughout, as you're able. As always, they are greatly needed and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another One Bites the Dust. Tonsils. It's Just Tonsils...For Now

  Welcome back to The Carr Ride. I mentioned the "bumpy roads" when you jumped in so I'm sure none of this will surprise you.....