Sunday, March 17, 2013

Even MORE things I've learned in China

I'm running out of symbols to have an affinity for...

: Colon is such an ugly-sounding word

: When your husband says you can chop your hair off again so it'll be quicker and easier to fix with toddlers running around, just do it. I may never have clean...or at least styled...hair again.

: I've apparently watched WAY too many Bourne and/or 007 movies.

: I take for granted the ability to communicate freely...with my family and the public at large.

: Chinese giggles sound a lot like American giggles.

: Momma Bear mode kicks in automatically when you see your child being mistreated. The offending party could see right through my Julie Andrews impersonation and promptly stopped offending behavior. Best result: Mr Man looks up at me and smiles. I got your back, dude.

: All of Hawkeye Nation will be pleased to hear that I admitted to not being a part of any team visiting China when questioned by an Aussie about my Iowa shirt. Could've really had fun with that one, but the long beak of the bird kept me honest.

: When the hubs goes out for an errand and says, "If I'm taken, there's a silver suitcase under the bed..." he probably won't need to worry about kidnappers. The spousal smack down is much scarier. 

: Barney is awesome. All you nay-sayers have clearly not travelled to a foreign country to adopt toddlers. He is wonderful...in all his purple glory. Back off the dino.

: A Pepsi will cost you as much as the jeans you bought for your kiddo. Buy 2.

: Zoe is not a morning person. Shazam.

:Transitioning from lighthearted comments to more profound is always awkward so it's best to just jump overboard...

: The phrase "How exciting!" should not be used when describing these kind of rescue missions. "How gut-wrenching!" "How terrifying!" "How overwhelming!" Those would all be accurate. "How exciting to see what G*d has in store for all of you through this journey!"...that one might be best...but at no point should this situation be confused with an anticipated wedding day...although some of the descriptions above might serve that day as well...haha...but to be transparent (which I always strive to be), I don't feel excitement. Just guilt for my true emotions when you say, "How exciting!" 

: The enemy strikes mightily with bitterness about what lies ahead for the one left alone to care for two toddlers that cannot be left alone for one second. This is the pr*yer that needs said right after the one for health and safety. Even though I claim it for what it is, it is a strong foe. I am weak. I know the Conqueror is much stronger, but sometimes the tears just won't stop.

2 comments:

  1. Eva, It is a scary ride. I found the enemy will use our desire for comfort and peace in our lives to try to stop the adoption of orphans in any way that he can. Hang in there. God has enough strength for this. I will ask Him to pour it out abundantly on you as you enter this new phase in parenting. If you get a chance, read or listen to the lyrics in the song by Casting Crowns called, "Already There." To our Heavenly Father, your future with Z and Z is history because He is already there!

    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that song by heart, friend...along with the Kings and Queens one...thx so much for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Another One Bites the Dust. Tonsils. It's Just Tonsils...For Now

  Welcome back to The Carr Ride. I mentioned the "bumpy roads" when you jumped in so I'm sure none of this will surprise you.....