Friday, March 22, 2013

Final Thoughts from China

I'm closing out our China thoughts with a final list of things I learned/was reminded of while overseas...it's a short list, but we all know I will not remember any of these things if they don't find their way to paper! Let's be honest...even then...it's a toss up. So boys and girls, our symbol for the day will be...drumroll, please....an actual bullet! (Yes, it's been there all long...yes, I just saw it for the first time. Pity points for jet lag in toddler land.)

  • This has already proven true, but we realized our kids had never been in car seats...or seat belts...or maybe even a car, for the most part. This was not going to be pretty since it was nigh-on impossible to contain Zane even with Daddy holding him, and Zoe would meltdown if I wasn't holding her in a certain position in the vehicle. There were seriously times when Zane was hanging upside down by his foot...and loving every minute of it. (Once it's safe for Zoe to scream, we will readdress this issue!)
  • Many people sent us messages of encouragement while we were in China...some of which were a little baffling, if I can be honest. It was likely a typo, but with all the stress going on over there, our brains just couldn't decipher some profound thoughts! HAHA! SO...if you ever ask me about your message that held great meaning, and the first thing out of my mouth is, "Confucius say..." you'll know it was you! :) Think of it this way, we needed some comic relief...you provided it whether you meant to or not! So from the bottom of my heart, I say, "Thank you!" :)
  • When you normally take nerve meds to help you sleep at night...and forget to take them...you may need some therapy the next day with Dr. Toddler.  Just sayin...a friend told me...
  • McDonald's is to Chinese toddlers what Chinese food is to American mothers...think on that one. Same results.
  • Secrets of eating a meal with the Z's...Zane: keep it coming...Zoe: have napkin to wipe hands at all times. Life will not proceed as normal until that crumb is gone.
  • There are many myths about adoption that will be addressed in future posts. Suffice it to say, if you think you've got a finger on the pulse of this whole journey, your equipment is busted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another One Bites the Dust. Tonsils. It's Just Tonsils...For Now

  Welcome back to The Carr Ride. I mentioned the "bumpy roads" when you jumped in so I'm sure none of this will surprise you.....