Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Better Half Speaks

Zoe's BaBa hasn't been silent either since our angel went to be with Jesus.  I figured you might be ready for an Eva break...so I'm giving him a chance to speak...doesn't happen much around here. (As a matter of fact, our sweet nurse, Jenny, told Chris one day that she'd listened to about half of one of his sermons, and her initial response was, "WOW...I've never heard him talk this much before! I was shocked!" Chris replied without hesitating, "You know my family...I never get a word in around this bunch! On Sundays, I've got 45 minutes where they can't interrupt...I take full advantage.")

The Sunday after Zoe's funeral was Father's Day.  Chris preached the following sermon entitled, "Fatherhood in a Broken World."  I can unashamedly say that it's worth your time. 

Enjoy my silence...it won't last long! :)

1 comment:

  1. That's the best part about those of us who struggle to get a word in edgewise at times. The one liners we come up with and manage to get out are gems!

    I'm not a father, and I'll tell you what, between Chris' sermon and Steve's this past week, I feel the best I've felt after Father's Day.

    I've often said I may not be a physical father, but I am a spiritual one. It is tremendously humbling and gratifying at the same time when those you've played a small role in their spiritual development exhibit their spiritual maturity by following Christ after tragedy strikes, and encouraging others to do the same.

    As I alluded to, I've watched this sermon, and Eva isn't kidding. It is worth your time.

    ReplyDelete

Another One Bites the Dust. Tonsils. It's Just Tonsils...For Now

  Welcome back to The Carr Ride. I mentioned the "bumpy roads" when you jumped in so I'm sure none of this will surprise you.....