Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"Celebration of Zoe Carr"

Well here we are...you and I...friends to the bitter end. Slightly over-the-top, but I heard the big swell in the music and got carried away. Although, I'm pretty sure I could get emotional hearing bagpipes right now...so take that with a grain of salt. (You're still stuck on the fact that I'm hearing music in my head, aren't you? In full disclosure, that's the least of my hang-up's...so be grateful for the filter I'm now choosing to activate.)

I could go into the intricate details about what made this momma emotional today, but I'll just tiptoe in for now. Some friends came over to help me get the house in order after Hurricane Hospital, and although I hadn't necessarily planned to do so, we went through and gathered Zoe's things. We took turns being strong. I was so grateful to have them here with me. We will just leave it at that. 

Another thing we're doing may sound odd to you, but I decided I wanted to do the final touches on the room as planned before Zoe's last trip to the hospital. She'd so looked forward to having her new quilt from Aunt 'Nita...and her very own name on the wall...and a special wall with all the pictures of each and every extended family member so she and Zane could learn who everybody was. So...before it becomes just Bubba's room...we're finishing the "twins" room. Some day I will share some pics, but for now, I wanted to share something far more personal...our life with Zoe.

Chris and our friend, Tim Svoboda, made this video to celebrate Zoe's life...we showed it at the conclusion of Zoe's memorial service. 

For those of you that were there, I hope you enjoy this window into our world once again.  

For those who weren't able to attend, I would humbly ask that you curl up on the couch for the next 7 minutes, grab a kleenex...or 5...and spend some time remembering Zoe with us...we will never forget.


Zoe's Memorial Video

1 comment:

  1. Eva, It is such a privilege to share a glimpse of Zoe and her life even though we have never met. Thank you for your willingness to share and for your testimony of her life and yours. It has blessed me far more than you know. I am so deeply sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Another One Bites the Dust. Tonsils. It's Just Tonsils...For Now

  Welcome back to The Carr Ride. I mentioned the "bumpy roads" when you jumped in so I'm sure none of this will surprise you.....