Sunday, October 29, 2017

That's 1 One Way to Skip Monday's Follow-Up!

We made it home. Roughly 5 hours ago. I've been asleep since then. Oh, and I slept the whole way home from the hospital too. Should've called in a blog-sub to update you all, but I was already asleep before that thought crossed my mind. My bad. 

We were in and out in just over 4 hours...then, Chipotle because we aren't savages. Zane had some soup I snagged elsewhere for him, but that's not important. :0

Since our last update, Zane had taken this ninja-terrorist thing to a whole new level and was basically flinging himself off the moving gurney as we headed to the OR. Again, I asked for family sedatives...denied. Everyone had some memory-lane chuckles about the good ol' days of surprise erasers and the boys who love them. As they pulled away, I prepped them for the need of extra knock-out drugs. He was on fire. 

Everything actually went great, and they were in and out fairly quickly. They were able to widen the hole in the neck and simply pull back the skin to reattach the arm. They went ahead and did our cranking duties for the morning, with some extra to boot because I wasn't able to crank it with my finger last night...

Dr Fletcher said Zane was actually the second person to have this happen in all his years...bummer, "first loser", according to his big brothers since we weren't the first. Basically, think of a ball and socket mechanism. The arm basically had just worked itself out of the joint. He put some super glue :) in there, for good measure, so this doesn't happen again.

Perk: we don't have to go back up tomorrow for his follow-up! We will have to go back up the following Monday...to have the arm removed...the one we had to surgically replace today. Oh well...we really don't have much else going on anyway. It's all good. 

Tomorrow starts a full week of school. New lunch box is raring to go. Helpers are lined up. Teachers are prayed up. Here we go. Praying for nothing to report until next week! :) 

Gotta go for now. I'm ready for sleep. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another One Bites the Dust. Tonsils. It's Just Tonsils...For Now

  Welcome back to The Carr Ride. I mentioned the "bumpy roads" when you jumped in so I'm sure none of this will surprise you.....