Sunday, September 1, 2013

Jesus, Firm Foundation

I've been sharing at length lately about some of the things grieving parents struggle with but don't usually feel comfortable revealing.  I hope you realize that I'm not making excuse for these confessions but am sharing them, rather, to help us all wade through these muddy waters of grief...emerging together on the other side, stronger and more determined than ever to support and encourage those experiencing life's darkest storms.  

Today's post, however, doesn't contain a confession.  We're going for a reprieve that we all need...ok...maybe that's just me...but since we're on the same team, we take time-out's together!  Go ahead...grab your peanut butter and DP...I sure did.

Sometimes in the midst of the mundane, God sends a sweet care package your way! You remember those glorious times you checked your mailbox at college and saw the surprise box of cookies from your momma?!? (C'mon...you know it's the momma!) Let's be honest, if it was a pack of gum, you'd have been stoked.  It's a wonderful thing when you find yourself blessed just by knowing someone is thinking of you from afar.  Yea...so God sent me a care package today.

I had the privilege of being part of the worship team this morning at church.  This is only my second time leading since we went to get the kids from China in March.  I've missed being involved so I always appreciate the opportunities when they come.  Today was one of those God-Eva moments...the rest of the church peeps were just along for the ride.  See, children, I can share too!!! Get with the program. :)

We opened with a song I never heard before but can't get out of my head...so I thought I'd share it with you.  The words will likely be familiar to some, but I'm including the lyrics and the video just to cover all the bases.

How firm a foundation, you saints of the Lord
Is laid for your faith in His excellent word
What more can He say than to you He has said
To you who for refuge to Jesus have fled

Fear not, He is with us, oh be not dismayed
For He is our God, our Sustainer and Strength
He'll be our Defender and cause us to stand
Upheld by His merciful, almighty hand
How firm, our foundation
How sure, our salvation
And we will not be shaken
Jesus, firm foundation

The soul that is trusting in Jesus as Lord
Will press on enduring the darkest of storm
And though even hell should endeavor to shake
He'll never, no never, no never forsake
He'll never, no never, no never forsake

How firm, our foundation
How sure, our salvation
And we will not be shaken
Jesus, firm foundation

Age to age He stands
Faithful to the end
All may fade away
But He will remain
He will remain!

How firm, our foundation
How sure, our salvation
And we will not be shaken

Jesus, firm foundation.

Jesus Firm Foundation



Every. Word. Every single word.  Yea...my care package.  But I'm happy to share my cookies and gum.  

I'm grateful for your impressive endurance in traveling with me on this journey. I'm trusting that we'll arrive at our destination, safe and sound. Some of us might be hanging from the side mirrors or locked in the trunk, but we'll get there.  I'm just glad none of us are driving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another One Bites the Dust. Tonsils. It's Just Tonsils...For Now

  Welcome back to The Carr Ride. I mentioned the "bumpy roads" when you jumped in so I'm sure none of this will surprise you.....